11.12.2021

Homesteaders Kill, Skin and Gut Their Own Lamb (on Farm)


 While we were never homesteaders, this is a real good look at family life on a farm. Justin Rhodes and his family live a lifestyle that was once similar to my hobby farm. I don't miss it, it was a lot of work and now all 9 of my adopted children are out and on their own, living their own lives.

The things I had to do to keep them alive until they turned 18. This was one. We raised Hogs mostly because they sold well but we also had chickens, ducks, geese, 2 cows for milk, sheep and goats. Life was never boring. There wasn't enough hours in a day to do all we did on our farm which included a seasonal garden that was 4acres big. We often sold fruits and veggies at the local farmers markets or flea markets. We always had other things to sell so weekends were reserved for selling in our front yard until the government said we needed a license but then wouldn't give us one.

I made videos about life on the farm, building shelters to store crap I found at my manual labor job of cleaning out homes, and going on treasure hunts looking for free wood to build the shelters with 2 or 3 of the kiddos. 

It was a lot of work. I filmed on a go pro most of the time. 8 hours of video would always get me 5-6 hours of useable footage, I did all the editing, half the work on the farm, half the work at household chores. I taught the kids to cook or they would starve. I made big meals I could freeze so one of the kids or myself could pop it right in the oven and prepare side dishes. We rarely had sandwiches because that was food the kids took to school. They never went hungry because of our garden.  Once spent $580 on groceries one week and discovered my love of coupons after that.

That's when my coupon generated site was born and all the social media's to go along with it, but that's another story for another time. I was a coupon diva for 4 years and sold the site and social media pages for over 100k on eBay. Then I got hooked on creating websites with social media, making them successful and selling them on eBay. I still do this today. That's hustle number 5. I currently have 6 profitable businesses online with social media, none of them are currently for sale as I'm still building up their popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment