11.18.2022

You ever feel like you are missing something?

 I'm definitely missing something. I feel it. Like I should know but I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. I've tried hinting. Even my Nonna. I'm suppose to rest. Not this!! I'm 6 hours ahead. So add 6 hours to that telehealth appointment and know I'm not doing a 6pm my time, appointment. Things are Cray Cray around here at that time and I can't get out to the tree. Plus it's cold as all get out. Might just have to wait for me to come back to the states.

Over thinking ... Yet again. 



Oh & Nonna is as crazy as ever but she's old enough to be. 😆 She is so blunt, in everything she says, I can't help but laugh! She's not the frail, old ninety three year old grandma you are imagining. Oh .. My Nonna likes to be stylish. He whole personality changes according to what she's wearing. I woke up Sunday morning and she was standing in the kitchen in an open robe and her guy was sitting at the table in a cloth diaper with crochet booties on his feet and a ring pop in his mouth like a pacifier!! Talk about all kinds of NOPE!!! Nonna screaming at Arick "This is my home!! If I want to .." No! I lit outta there so fast!! Gareth picked me up off the side of the road. I called Sara "Nonna wants you at her house, she said I couldn't do it right." 😆 Hey, if I have to be scarred for life .. Then we ALL gotta be scarred for life. I threw in that last bit just for her, it sealed the deal. Gareth looked shocked, he kept saying that I'm mean and "You look all sweet but you're not!! She's gonna be so flipping mad at you!" Bahahahaha she is 😆😆😆😂😂. I expect her to be mad for ever!!!

Sara has done her share of nasty shit. I'm STILL pissy at her for what she did to me in 2015, so before you start thinking Sara's sweet and innocent, she's not. I owe her, big time!! Nope, no one else was involved. My siblings decisions to not visit, are their own. They don't visit our mother, either. Probably for different reasons. No one TALKS. My brother will go if he thinks she has a dollar for him. She's played that game too many times for him to believe her now.

Anyhoo, Nonna also likes to go places, she's shopping online 24/7 already. She likes getting all girly. Hair, makeup, nails, naps & massages. Rinse & Repeat. Just to have lunch!!! If we go see a show, she falls asleep, so we don't. It doesn't help that people either tiptoe around her like she's about to drop dead and the next second She's holding her head high and walking with a swish in her skirt. She's the epitome of class and determination. I'm also not saying she's never in pain because she is.

When I was 8 or so .. I can remember sitting at her makeup desk and she said "of course it hurts but just at first, train your brain not to feel the pain. Then you can wear your armor. One lip gloss that you carry in your pocket. Put it on before you start fighting. Little girls shouldn't fight but if you have to, hit them in the nuts, hard." Fighting with the cousins seems to be a lifelong event. Nonna had no idea that she was coaching me for a fight that would happen with my cousin Arick who was 1 year older & 6 inches taller. I made him sing soprano! Then throat punched him as he was grabbing his junk. 😭😁

Then there's Nonna. The stay at home & bake cookies n shit, Nonna. She has a greenhouse for her fruits & veggies. Plus her herb garden. They have a small farm filled with animals. I woke up one morning to a chicken sitting on top of my dresser and laying an egg. You know they scream when they lay eggs, right? They are house chickens in the cold months. Usually they leave you alone. They have cages that my youngest cousins (ages 4 & up) will let them out of. The wild children live next door.

The "Don't" Nonna. She's scary as shit. There's a reason I say she's bat shit crazy, she is. Her eyes are deep forest green, when they are light green, it's a problem. I love her feisty ass but she's as vulgar and mean as they come. I saw her light green eyes Sunday morning!! I wasn't about to open my mouth, I just wanted out. 😖 

(Yikes, Back spasm! It's the kind that has me breathing a sigh of relief when it's over. Nonna says not to hold my breath but fuuuuccckkk!)

Gareth took me up a pass so I could collect snippets & roots to my hearts content. He's a few years younger than me and brings Nonna up here for the same reason. Not exactly sure what persona she is when the witch comes out. It's in all of them would be my best guess. She whispers incantations when she's cooking, knitting, showering, putting on her fancy duds, before tea, before going outside, etc. All the time! Sometimes I can catch her words but I quit doing that a while back. Bless your food before you eat it 😏. Never know who grows what you buy in the grocery store. 

You want Google to be your friend. Look up Asatru. Am I spelling it right? *shrugs* The old ways are the most brutal of all Pagans. Norse paganism. They've been modernized, of course 🙄. My Nonna has her "ship burial" all planned out. 😶 This topic is uncomfortable for me. I'm moving on. Next subject.

I went to Switzerland a few days ago and purchased some Chocolate!!! Yummm!! I also purchased some insulin. If I die from eating Swiss chocolate just know, I died happy. In my element. 😄 I bought some Swiss chocolate bars that have coconut and raspberry in them. I can't pronounce the name. But fuuuuccckkk they're good!! I'm not bringing any back. 😝 I mailed you a box of the coconut blueberry chocolate bars because you said you're not a fan of sour fruit.

We are only just back from jet setting. They let me have a few days off and then off to France we went.  Switzerland is between France and Italy but still in Europe. Italy still has a knee jerk reaction to foreigners coming into their country. Thank you, Covid 19. You just keep on fucking us. It wasn't an unusual trip there, we just had to mask & glove up to enter a store. I guess the people that owned it were paranoid. Two thirds of their population contracted covid and half died. The last epidemic is still fresh. Nobody can make my Nonna understand this. I tried and she shut me down, quick!  That's a battle I'm not dealing with. She doesn't act senile to me and nope.

I could be having a nice fuck with my Swedish friend but NOOOO. Let's over analyze something that is completely not my business and self sabotage, shall we? Besides, I purchased some great skin products and we are staying in the same country for a few more days ... Nonna has someone she wants to meet for tea (LUNCH!! CALL IT WHAT IT IS!!) She kinda likes her entourage. She especially likes it when I interpret for her. I'm going to try not to go this next time. I'm anti cold. I don't like it worth a shit. Besides ... I'm feeling a bit sick. *Cough* 😆 ok, I'm not but I'm allergic to people!! I want to see less people. I just feel over stimulated. I came here for "me" time but I'm not getting it. 



*** And to the one reading this, I snatched your IP and said "Oh Fuck." From my 2nd to last post. Be mad but I just have to say How proud I am of you. In the face of diversity, you rose to the challenge and got educated. It does my little pea picking heart proud. I will forever adore you, if you will let me. From a distance, of course. I never want anyone to feel fear like I have. You can bank on that. I took a page from your book, although I will never seek you out, I can't pretend to think you are not the sexist beast on this planet. Regardless of what you read. See, I know how to push your buttons too. 😘 ****

No comments:

Post a Comment